Have a safe and peaceful summer vacation!
The following information is for the 2017-2018 school year. Please email me if you have any questions. See you all in September!
5th Grade Supply List
The following are supplies needed for the 2017-2018 school year. Please bring all supplies in on the first day of school with your name clearly marked on them.
- pens (blue or black)
- red pens or pencils
- pencil case
- glue stick
- 2 boxes of tissues
- three plastic folders with pockets which we will label in school
- 6 composition notebooks (labeled science, social studies, langage arts, religion, reading, math)
- one pack of wide-ruled loose leaf paper
- ruler with inches and centimeters labeled
- colored pencils
- small scissors
- smock for art class (please put it in a Zip Lock bag with your name written on it)
- small box of crayons
- paperback version of the book “The Phantom Tollbooth” by Norton Juster
If your child has food sensitivity or allergies, please label a shoe box with their name and put non-perishable, individually packaged snacks in it. This allows all of us to celebrate someone’s birthday without risking our safety.
5th Grade Summer Reading List
Please choose one of the following books for your summer reading report. Please use the worksheets attached to complete the assignment:
- The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
- Books from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
- Books from the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
- Books from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- Bud, Not Buddy by Christopher Paul Curtis
- Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
- Island of the Blue Dolphin by Scott O’Dell
- My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett