WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Schedule for the week of June 12, 2017
Monday- Tuesday – 7:50 A.M. – 2:50 P.M.
Wednesday – 7:50 A.M. – 11:50 A.M.
Recognition Assembly – No Aftercare
Last Day of School
Dear My First Grade Angels,
It’s hard to believe that the time goes by so quickly.
It has been my great pleasure to be your teacher this year.
You have brought much joy into my life.
I will miss you, but you will always hold a special place in my heart!
I wish you and your families a wonderful, safe, summer vacation.
With love & prayers,
PLEASE arrive on time for dismissal!!
Half Day – 11:50 AM
Full Day – 2:50 PM
The children are to be picked up at the Church Parking Lot!
Morning prayer begins at 7:50 A.M.
Blessings for the Summer Holidays
Take time to claim your strength; this is a gift from God.
Take time to have fun; it is God’s way of teaching you your
Take time to grow yourself; only you can grow you.
Take time to trust yourself; God trusts you.
Take time to be self-reliant; it is better than being dependent.
Take time to share with others; they will bless you and you
will bless them.
Take time to have hope; you are a child of God.
DATES TO REMEMBER
Monday, June 12 – Step-up Day
Wednesday, June 14 – Recognition Assembly
7:50 A.M. – 11:50 A.M. NO AFTERCARE
Last Day of School
Wishing you and your families a wonderful & safe summer!
God Bless You With Peace & Joy!
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” —
Supply List – First Grade
- Book bag (to hold folders, books and other school items.)
- Art Smock (one of mom’s or dad’s plain t-shirts with child’s name on it) kept in a properly labeled (with child’s name)gallon size Ziploc bag.)
- 2 Folders with inside pockets (solid colored folders clearly labeled on a white sticker with child’s name and grade on the front!!) ( one marked Class Work and one marked Reading Log) Please label inside covers with a leave home and bring back side!
- 5 #2 pencils (to be sharpened daily at home)
- Colored pencils (to be sharpened daily at home)
- Twistables for drawing
- Rectangular eraser (pink one only!)
- Pencil case (zippered one for the #2 pencils and eraser only!!)
- Pencil box ( for colored pencils, twistables, 2 glue sticks and scissors)
- NO MARKERS PLEASE
- NO CRAYONS PLEASE
- 2 Glue Sticks (no liquid glue)
- Pencil sharpener
- Safety scissors
- Large box of tissues
- Baby wipes
- Lysol wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- 2 small photos 3”x 5” in an envelope (child and family for student of the week board) Please send 2 different photos.
- LUNCH BOX
- Please label all belongings and clothing with child’s name !!
- TWO 3”X 5” Index Cards with child’s name, parent’s names, home and cell phone numbers, address, and emergency contact numbers.
Summer Reading List Suggestions
Little Bear, Else Homelund Minarik
The Little Engine That Could, Watty Piper
Leo the Late Bloomer, Robert Kraus
My Friend Rabbit, Eric Rohmann
Madeline books, Ludwig Bemelmans
Make Way for Ducklings, Robert McCloskey
Ox-Cart Man, Donald Hall
No Roses for Harry (and other Harry books), Gene Zion
Snowy Day, Ezra Jack Keats
Story of Ferdinand, Munro Leaf
The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Eric Carle
Amazing Grace, Mary Hoffman
Giraffes Can’t Dance, Giles Andreae