WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. Lessons are subject to change.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Check your childs’ school supplies and class folder every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either on Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- THANK YOU FOR ENTRUSTING US WITH YOUR CHILDREN. WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY FUN FILLED SAFE SUMMER. SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER!
Monday – Music
Tuesday – Art & Computer
Wednesday – Enrichment
Thursday – Gym – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
Friday – Spanish
READING : The students will have a progress 3 quiz, introduced to consonants Kk, Qq, and Jj, practice blending sounds to decode words, answer questions about a story, summarize a story, review rhyming words, understand adjectives, review nouns and verbs, review punctuation marks and COPS, understand antonyms and synonyms, review all red/ sight words.
CCSS: K.L.4- Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on Kindergarten reading and content. K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book.
MATH: The students will determine before and after in events, compare the duration of two tasks, tell time to the hour, write time in standard notation.
CCSS: K.OA.1 – Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, and mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps) acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations. K.OA.2 – Solve addition and subtraction word problems, and add or subtract to 10, e.g., by using objects or drawings to represent the problem. K.OA.5 _ Fluently add to 5 or 10.
RELIGION: The students will to learn about the parts of the mass, and how Jesus wants us to learn how to care for others as He did. The students will sing Religion songs and read Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER: Using our weekly readers for the next few weeks the students will be learning about dolphins, insects, water, and summer safety.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.