Saint Joseph’s is a well-established Academy with a legacy of 70 years educating the children of the Bogota /Teaneck area. In recent years, we have serviced students from many other towns in Bergen County. Saint Joseph Academy is Middle States Accredited and a member of the National Junior Honor Society.
Saint Joseph is a kindergarten through 8th grade Catholic Academy, with a pre kindergarten program offering classes for Pre-K 3-4 & Pre-K 4-5, which is under the auspices of the Archdiocese of Newark.
The primary purpose of Saint Joseph Academy is to challenge and educate our students spiritually, morally, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically for their future yet allowing them to be children in the present. In a loving, nurturing, safe environment, our students receive a strong religious and academic foundation, helping to bring them to their fullest potential in becoming responsible and productive citizens and members of God’s family. We accomplish these goals by encouraging our students to accept and live out the call of the Gospel.
2015-2016 SCHOOL ADVISORY BOARD
The Saint Joseph Academy Advisory Board serves with the principal for the good of the school community and is advisory to the pastor. Saint Joseph Academy benefits from the assistance of people who are committed to Saint Joseph Academy and its mission.
The Home School Association membership is comprised of parents/guardians and staff of Saint Joseph Academy. The functions of the HSA shall be:
- * To provide parents the opportunity to become fully informed of the content and style of the Academy’s educational program.
- * To foster frequent and positive parent-teacher-child interactions as they affect the religious and general education of the children.
- * To encourage specific areas of parental support that the teachers need in order to make their classroom teaching more effective, and thus ensure a quality Catholic Academy education.
- * To help reinforce the religious education of the children in the home.
- * To clarify the specific responsibilities of parent, teacher, student, principal, pastor, and Home School Association for achieving the Academy’s educational goals.
- * To act as a communication group in making the work and achievements of the Academy well-known to the parish and community.
- President: | Evelyn Blackwell 201-314-3723 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenny Doyle | Vice President JLOZA414@aol.com
- Secretary : | Natalie Bergamini 732-672-9948 | email@example.com
The mission of Saint Joseph Academy is to provide our children with a solid foundation in the Catholic Faith. However, we cannot possibly attempt to do this without good, strong family example, which includes family prayer and attendance at Sunday Liturgy.
In order to keep tuition low and fair to all, we are going to carefully monitor the terms of this contract, which you are about to sign. A review of your account will be done monthly. A tuition payment that is in arrears 60 days or more will result in a review of your child’s placement in our school.
– New Student Checklist Download >>
We rely on the generosity of our alumni, our parents, and our supporters to provide resources that will enable us to enrich programs for our students. Our updated media center, our robotics program, and our sphero balls initiative are results of those resources. If anyone is interested in making donations to Saint Joseph Academy, please go to the link below.