WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Check your childs’ school supplies and class folder every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- DURING THE LAST FEW WEEKS OF LENT BEGINNING ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 14TH, WEDNESDAY MARCH 21ST AND WEDNESDAY MARCH 28TH, THE THE KINDERGARTEN WILL BE ATTENDING THE 8 O’CLOCK MASS. ARRIVE BY 7:45 AND REPORT TO THE CLASSROOM.
- THURSDAY MARCH 29TH AT 10:30 IN OUR CHURCH WE WILL HAVE THE EIGHTH GRADE LIVING STATIONS. ALL ARE WELCOME TO JOIN. WE WILL HAVE AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTER CARE. EASTER BREAK BEGINS.
- WE WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY EASTER!
- SCHOOL REOPENS MONDAY APRIL 9, 2018.
Monday – Science LabLearner
Tuesday – Art, Music and Computer
Thursday – Spanish and Gym – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
READING : The students are working with Units 2 and 3 of the SUPERKIDS CLUB! We will be finishing consonant Bb in both the initial and final position, and introducing Rr. We continue to work with CVC words, and COPS, recognize that words are made up of letters, identify capital and lowercase letters, identify rhyming words,and draw conclusions from pictures. REMEMBER TO REVIEW ALL RED WORDS WITH ARM TAPPING WITH YOUR CHILD EACH EVENING. OUR SPELLING QUIZ FROM LAST WEEK WILL BE GIVEN ON TUESDAY MARCH 27TH.
CCSS: K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students continue to work with identifying halves and fourths, and review working with skip counting also by 5’s, 10’s to 100.
CCSS: K.CC4a – When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object. K.CC.5 – Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line or a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1 -20, count out that many objects. K.CC.6 – Identify whether the number of objects in another group is greater than, less than, or equal to the number of objects in another group.
RELIGION: The students will be discussing the Family Life curriculum and read about and discuss Holy Week and the Tridumm. The students will sing Religion songs and read Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – “We Are What We Eat’, The children will discuss and learn about healthy eating habits.
SOCIAL STUDIES: The children will continue to learn about directions.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The next few weeks the students will be working with the next CELL EXPLORING TIME AND SEQUENCE. This CELL will have three labs and lectures to continue with our investigations.