WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- WE WILL ATTEND THE 8 O’CLOCK MASS EVERY THURSDAY DURING LENT. CHECK THE WEEKLY HOMEWORK PAPER FOR ANY CHANGE.
- THURSDAY APRIL 11TH WE WILL ATTEND THE 8 O’CLOCK MASS.
- FRIDAY APRIL 12TH ARRIVE BY 7:45 FOR MASS. REPORT TO THE CLASSROOM.
- THURSDAY APRIL 18TH WE WILL ATTEND OUR LAST MASS FOR THE SEASON OF LENT.
- APRIL 18TH IS HOLY THURSDAY. THE 8TH GRADE WILL PERFORM THE LIVING STATIONS AT 10:30 IN THE CHURCH. ALL ARE INVITED.
- THURSDAY APRIL 18TH IS OUR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE OUR EASTER BREAK. DISMISSAL WILL BE AT 11:50. THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
- SCHOOL REOPENS ON MONDAY APRIL 29TH.
- WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY EASTER!
Monday – NO SPECIAL
Tuesday – ART AND MUSIC
Wednesday – COMPUTER AND SPANISH
Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
Friday – Science Lab
READING : The children will be working with the SUPERKIDS CLUB, introduced to consonants Mm and Nn in both the initial and final positions, visually discriminate between sentences, identify rhyming words, blend sounds to decode words, read with natural phrasing, and encode letters for sounds and words, review all short vowel sounds in both the initial and medial position, change short vowels to make new words, practice and review all red/memory words, continue to review rhyming words. UNIT 1 AND 2 QUIZ.
REVIEW ALL RED/MEMORY WORDS.
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will identify hot an d cold temperatures and solve problems making graphs.
CCSS: K.CC.5 – Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects. K.MD.3 – Classify objects into given categories; count the number of objects in each category and sort the categories by count. (Limit category counts to be less than or equal to 10.)
RELIGION: The students will learn about Lent, a special time of prayer and loving God and others. They will r continue to read and discuss the Family Life program for the next few weeks. The students will sing Religion songs and read and discuss Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – Science/Social Studies – Have You Seen That Habitat? – Children will identify various habitats and animals that live in them. I Spy a Butterfly – The children will identify the various parts of a butterfly’s body.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will work with the fourth cell of LabLearner – Making Measurement investigation 1 – Ruler and Measurement, 2 – Beakers and Pitchers, 3 – Pan Balance and Gram Cubes.