WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- THURSDAY MAY 30TH IS ASCENSION THURSDAY. ARRIVE BY 7:45 FOR MASS AND REPORT TO THE CLASSROOM.
- THURSDAY MAY 30TH THERE IS A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL. THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
- FRIDAY MAY 31ST IS OUR SUPERKIDS DAY! THE CHILDREN WILL WEAR THEIR SUPERKIDS COSTUMES TO SCHOOL. WE WILL HAVE A SUPER FUN FILLED DAY!
- FRIDAY JUNE 7TH IS OUR SJA 8TH GRADE GRADUATION. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND NO AFTERCARE.
- TUESDAY JUNE 11TH IS STEP UP DAY.
- WEDNESDAY JUNE 12TH THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS AFTERCARE.
- WE WILL HAVE OUR END OF THE YEAR CLASS PARTY ON WEDNESDAY MORNING JUNE 12TH.
- THURSDAY JUNE 13TH IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL. OUR RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY IS IN THE CHURCH. DISMISSAL IS AT 11:50 AND THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
- THE CHILDREN WILL RECEIVE AN ENVELOPE AT THE RECOGNITION ASSEMBLY WITH THEIR FINAL REPORT CARD AND MANY VERY IMPORTANT PAPERS FOR THE SUMMER AND FOR THE UPCOMING 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR.
- HAPPY SUMMER! THANK YOU FOR ENTRUSTING ME WITH YOUR CHILD! WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY HAPPY AND SAFE SUMMER!
- FRIDAY JUNE 13TH FACULTY WORKSHOP.
Monday – NO SPECIAL
Tuesday – ART AND MUSIC
Wednesday – COMPUTER AND SPANISH
Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
Friday – Science Lab
READING : The children will be finishing all the SUPERKIDS CLUB readers. one final reading quiz will be given.
REVIEW ALL RED/MEMORY WORDS.
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will identify and count numbers to 100, explore tens and ones, skip count by 2s, 5s, and 10s, solve problems by making a table.
CCSS: K.CC.1 – Count to 100 by ones and tens, K.CC.2 – Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence ( instead of having to begin at 1).
RELIGION: The students will discuss that prayer is one way we show our love for God and Jesus and they taught us how to pray. The students will sing Religion songs and read and discuss Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – Science/Social Studies – Have You Seen That Habitat? – Children will identify various habitats and animals that live in them. I Spy a Butterfly – The children will identify the various parts of a butterfly’s body, Oh Wow! Rainbow Plants – the children will describe the parts of a plant and the job each one does, Be an Earth Day Superhero! – Children will explore the empowering ways they can help save the Earth.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will work with the fourth cell of LabLearner – Making Measurement investigation 1 – Ruler and Measurement, 2 – Beakers and Pitchers, 3 – Pan Balance and Gram Cubes.