WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Check your childs’ school supplies and class folder every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- THERE IS A BAKE SALE ON WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 25TH.
- THURSDAY OCTOBER 26 – PARENT/TEACHER CONFERENCES-1 – 3 & 5- 7:30. THERE ARE NO ASSIGNED TIMES. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL. THERE IS AFTERCARE – IF YOUR CHILD IS STAYING FOR AFTER CARE PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD WITH LUNCH AND A DRINK.
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 27TH THERE IS AN ORANGE AND BLACK DRESS DOWN DAY AND AN 11:50 DISMISSAL. THERE IS NO AFTER CARE. HALLOWEEN FUN NIGHT TONIGHT!
- TUESDAY OCTOBER 31ST -HAPPY HALLOWEEN! THE CHILDREN ARE TO WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL. REFER TO THE REMINDER NOTE SENT HOME LAST THURSDAY WITH THE DETAILS FOR THE DAY.
- WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 1ST THE CHILDREN ARE TO ARRIVE BY 7:45 AND REPORT TO THE CLASS FOR MASS. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL WITH AFTER CARE – IF YOUR CHILD IS STAYING FOR AFTER CARE SEND LUNCH AND A DRINK.
- FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3RD THERE IS A FULL DAY OF SCHOOL AND THERE IS AFTER CARE.
Monday – Science LabLearner
Tuesday – Art, Music and Computer
Thursday – Spanish and Gym – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
READING : The students will be introduced to a new SUPERKIDS FRIEND, continue to identify short vowel Aa, in the medial position, continue work with CVC words, learn COPS, recognize that words are made up of letters, identify capital and lowercase letters, identify rhyming words,and draw conclusions from pictures. REMEMBER TO REVIEW ALL RED WORDS WITH YOUR CHILD EACH EVENING. ON FRIDAY OCTOBER 27TH THERE IS A RED WORD QUIZ.
CCSS: K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will identify positions, under, over, on, top, bottom, in, out, left, right, direction following, work with fewer than, more than, as many as, and work with ordinal numbers first to tenth.
CCSS: K.MD.2 – Directly compare two objects with a measurable attribute in common, to see which object has “more of”/”less of” the attribute, and describe the difference. K.MD.3 – Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count. K.G.4 – Analyze and compare two – three-dimensional shapes, in different sizes and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts. K.G.3 – Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three- dimensional (“solid”).
RELIGION: The students will continue to learn and discuss about Creation and that God filled the land with many gifts. The students will sing Religion songs and read Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER: “Zoom To The Moon” and ” Pumpkin Parts”
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The next few weeks the students will be working in the second part of their LabLearner program – Making and Recording Observations. The student will have three investigations : drawing and labeling, senses and observations, and observing patterns.