WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
LESSONS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 23-27, 2020
GOOD MORNING STUDENTS AND PARENTS,
TO ALL MY ALL MY LITTLE KINDERGARTEN MUNCHKINS I MISS YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU BOYS AND GIRLS FOR WORKING SO HARD AT HOME! I LOVED SEEING YOUR AWESOME COMPLETED WORK! CONTINUE TO WORK VERY HARD.
PARENTS THIS IS NOT AN EASY TIME WE ARE ALL GOING THROUGH, HOWEVER, WE WILL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER. I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR HELPING YOUR CHILD AT HOME. A WORLD OF THANKS – MERCI -GRACIAS – AND ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS FOR YOU AND ALL YOU ARE DOING TO HELP YOUR CHILD.
STAY WELL AND HEALTHY. GOD BLESS!
EACH DAY OUR DAILY LESSONS WILL BE POSTED. HAVE FUN LIKE WE DO IN CLASS. CHALLENGE YOURSELF. KNOW YOU CAN DO THE WORK. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP TEACH MOM AND OR DAD TOO!
- EMAILS MAY BE SENT TO ME BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8 A.M. AND 3:15 P.M. ANY SENT TO ME AFTER 3:15 P.M. WILL NOT BE ANSWERED UNTIL THE NEXT SCHOOL DAY.
- BEGINNING MARCH 19TH MATH, READING, RELIGION, SCIENCE/HEALTH OR SOCIAL STUDIES SUBJECTS WORK WILL BE POSTED ALTERNATE DAYS.
- ALL COMPLETED WORK MUST BE SENT TO ME EACH DAY.
- ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ART YOU CAN EMAIL OUR ART TEACHER AT KONJJOOEE@GMAIL.COM. IN THE EMAIL INCLUDE YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME AND YOUR GRADE.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ABCMOUSE THEY ARE OFFERING A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL.
- TRY USING WWW.SCHOLATIC.COM/LEARNATHOME FOR SOME FUN STORIES.
- STARFALL.COM IS ANOTHER FUN LEARNING TOOL.
- MISS YOU ALL! HAVE FUN DOING YOUR WORK. STAY HOME AND STAY WELL. GOD BLESS!
- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME WORK LAST WEEK! I LOVED SEEING YOUR DRAWINGS ! THANK YOU PARENTS AND STUDENTS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK! STAY SAFE, STAY HOME AND STAY HEALTHY!
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1ST, WE WILL HAVE “WACKY WEDNESDAY”. ALL STUDENTS, PARENTS AND YES EVEN THE TEACHERS WILL DRESS UP IN A COSTUME POSSIBLY YOUR HALLOWEEN COUSTUME. TAKE PCITURES OF YOURSELF IN COSTUME AND SEND THEM TO ME. WE WILL HAVE A ZOOM MEETING THAT DAY. I WILL EMAIL PARENTS WITH THE DETAILS REGADING OUR MEETING.
- ART WORK EMAIL TO KONJJOOEE@GMAIL.COM
- MR. K’S ID -767-189-4091
- MUSIC GO TO MRS. MINETTI’S WEB PAGE
- LABLEARNER SDR BOOK INFORMATION WERE EMAILED TO PARENTS
- MONDAY MARCH 30, 2020
- READING – In your reading workbooks (the big white book) complete pages 67 & 68. Page 67 write the first letter for each picture name to make the word, then cut out and glue the pictures next to the matching written words. Page 68 complete the words with the matching vowel. Practice the short vowel sounds for a, e, i, & o. Practice reading all the words. REVIEW reading papers 11 & 12. Hopefully we will meet on zoom and review these together and then individually. I will keep your parents posted.
- YUMMY SNACK TIME AND STRETCH TIME!!!!!
- RELIGION – Recalling the Stations of the Cross video (if you need to look at it again and watch it do so, it is Stations of the Cross by Victor Hoagland)) answer the following questions in your notebook. Read the questions, fill in the blank for the sentences, write the full sentence with your answer in your notebook. 1. How many times did Jesus fall? (write the sentence with the answer) Jesus fell ___times. Follow this for the next 4 questions. 2. What is the name of the man that helped Jesus carry His cross? The man’s name is ___________. 3. What is the name of the woman who wiped Jesus’ face? Her name is ______. 4. Where was Jesus laid to rest when he died? Jesus was laid in a ______. 5. Why did Jesus die for us? He died ________.
- PICK A COOL STORY YOUR CHOICE AND READ TEN MINUTES WITH SOMEONE.
- HAVE A GREAT AFTERNOON. HAVE FUN! MAYBE GO ON A DISNEY VIRTUAL TOUR!
- TUESDAY MARCH 31, 2020
- MATH — Completing pages 329 &330 we will review before you take a pop-quiz just like we do in class. Work with ten-frame, break apart, count and problem solving with drawings or pictures, complete pages 329 & 330. Keep in mind as you review and complete the work by asking yourself and discussing the following questions with a parent. 1. How can you show the pair of numbers that a number breaks apart into? 2. Is there only one way to break apart a number? Think about the ways you did this while working in this chapter.
- POP QUIZ TIME -PARENTS AFTER YOU SET THIS UP FOR YOUR CHILD LET THEM TRY TO COMPLETE IT BY THEMSELVES AFTER YOU DO ONE OR TWO TOGETHER.
- Draw cubes and color them in using different colors for each number or make drawings to show your work just like you have been doing.
- 1. 5 is __and __. ( write this out and then pick one way to show it, 5 is 3 and 2, 5 is 4 and 1 and so on then pick either method to show your answer, if using cubes color them using different colors for each number, if using drawings use different drawings to show your answer). 2. 7 is ___and ___. 3. 6 is ___and ___. 4. 3 is ___ and ___. 5. 8 is ___and ___. 6. 10 is __ and ___. 7. 9 is __and ___. 8. 4 is ___and ___. 9. 2 is __and ___. 10. 10 is __and ___. (I know we did 10 but show it another way. Good luck!
- SNACK TIME- ENJOY SOMETHING HEALTHY AND REMEMBER TO DRINK SOME WATER OR JUICE.
- MUSIC CLASS TODAY. CHECK MRS. MINETTI’S WEB PAGE. PARENTS YOU WERE EMAILED THE WORK FROM MRS. MINETTI.
- ZOOM MEETING TODAY AT 11. BRING READING PAPERS 11&12. PARENTS I EMAILED YOU THE CODE. I HOPE TO SEE YOU AT 11!
- SCIENCE FUN – Life Cycle of a Butterfly – Using Smart Learning For All Life Cycle of A Butterfly#aumsom (5:14 minute video). Enjoy watching the video.
- After watching the video get a piece of construction paper/paper, and following the last part of the video draw the life cycle of a butterfly. Label and color in your drawings. Remember when coloring the butterfly show symmetry. Remember what symmetry means from our previous discussions in class? If you are not sure discuss and review symmetry with your parent. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR FINISHED WORK!!!
- Have a super day! Do some stretching, shoulder and head rolls and jumping like we do in class. MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!
- WEDNESDAY APRIL 1, 2020
- HAPPY WACKY WEDNESDAY! ZOOM MEETING TODAY AT 11.
- CHECK MRS. SANCHEZ’S WEB PAGE FOR ANY COMPUTER WORK.
- READING – Working with short vowels a,e,i,&o. In your notebook fold a page into fourths. On the top line write Short Vowels. On the second line of each row/column going left to right write the vowels a, e, i, o. To the left of the margin number 1 to 5. Write each word in the short a row starting with 1.cab 2.bag 3. pan, 4. pat, 5.bat. Keep the beginning and ending consonants change the vowel to make the new word even if it is a silly word. Complete the same process for each of the words. Practice reading each row of words yes even the silly words. Number one for cab would be cab, ceb, cib cob, so on for each word. Read all the words a few times.
- White reading workbook complete pages 69 & 70. On page 69 color the letters to see the hidden picture. Write the missing letter/letters for each picture, fill in the missing letter/letters/ write the word again on the lines. Practice reading the words.
- Page 70 read each set of words in each box, circle the word that names the picture. Practice reading all the words a few times.
- SNACK AND STRETCH TIME!
- SOCIAL STUDIES – NEEDS AND WANTS – Parents on youtube please watch Needs and Wants by Jennifer Vazquez.
- Discuss the video. Next get a piece of paper – fold it in half, on top left write Needs, top right write Wants. On each side draw and color 4 needs and 4 wants. Very important to remember the difference between a need and a want. Write the name of each of the items your drew.
- RELAX. READ A STORYBOOK. HAVE A GOOD DAY!
- THURSDAY APRIL 2, 2020
- TODAY AT 9:15 ZOOM MEETING WITH MR. K
- ART DAY – CHECK MR. KONCIAK’S WEB PAGE FOR CLASS WORK
- MATH – Last chapter we were working with break apart and count. This was an introduction to addition teaching us how to add, put together, see how much there is in all.
- Math words: add, put together, in all, part, plus(+), equals(=), in all, addition sentence.
- We will learn to add to groups of animals or objects to make a group that is greater in number.
- As you start this chapter read and discuss the STEAM page and discuss how we use math to play games.
- Complete pages 337, 338, 339, & 340.
- WASH YOUR HANDS FOR SNACK TIME! DO SOME STRETCHING TOO!
- RELIGION – The greatest gift God gave us was His Son Jesus. Jesus taught us that prayer is one way to tell and show our love to others(singing is also another way to pray to Jesus). He wants us to tell others how we love them and show different ways we love others. Examples would be showing kindness to others, telling others with words or drawings that we love them. Discuss others ways to show or tell others how you love them.
- Next draw pictures illustrating these acts of love by telling or showing someone how you love them. Below your drawings write 2 simple telling sentences about your drawings.
- READ A BOOK WITH SOMEONE FOR 10 MINUTES
- FRIDAY APRIL 3, 2020
- HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!! AWESOME JOB THIS WEEK BOYS AND GIRLS! AS YOU SAY AN EASY PEASY DAY TODAY! ENJOY!
- ZOOM MEETING TODAY WITH MRS. J. AT 9:30. SAME ID NUMBER AS LAST WEEK.
- MOST OF US ARE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND MASS TO RECEIVE PALM BRANCHES THIS SUNDAY. IT IS SUGGESTED IF YOU CAN THIS SUNDAY APRIL 5TH PALM SUNDAY MORNING PUT A BRANCH ON THE DOOR OR IN THE WINDOW TO HELP CELEBRATE THIS DAY. IT CAN BE ANY GREEN BRANCH YOU CAN GET. THIS WOULD BE A GREAT WAY TO BE CONNECTED DURING THE HOLIEST OF WEEKS.
- RELIGION – Read the following to your child and discuss.
- This Sunday is Palm Sunday. Palm Sunday is always the Sunday before Easter. Palm Sunday reminds us of the day Jesus arrived in Jerusalem on a donkey, just a few days before he was to be betrayed( explain this word in simplest terms) by Judas one of Jesus’ apostles. Jesus was then put on trial and sentenced to die on the cross. When you are finished having your discussion watch the following 4 minute video. Parents on youtube find Palm Sunday for kids: The Triumphal Entry Luke 19. Short fun but informative video about Palm Sunday. Just discuss the video and that’s it!
- SCIENCE LABLEARNER WITH MRS. J AT 9:30. WE WILL BE WORKING WITH INVESTIGATION 3 – USING AND MAKING MODELS. BRING YOUR SDR PAPERS FOR INVESTIGATION 3.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
WELCOME TO THE 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- If your child is staying for after care they MUST have their OWN SNACK.
- Thursday brown envelope MUST be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CLASS SUPPLIES MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY.
- HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Monday – SPANISH
- Tuesday – MUSIC
- Wednesday – COMPUTER
- Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school AND ART CLASS IN THE AFTERNOON
- Friday – Science Lab
READING : The students will be introduced to a new Superkids friend while working with consonant Ff, continue to encode and decode words, continue to identify nouns and verbs, and and asking sentences and question mark, continue to review short vowel Aa and Oo, Ii, in both the initial and medial position, continue work with COPS; capitalization, organization, punctuation, and spelling, work with blending papers, continue to identify parts of a book, recognize words are made up of letters, identify rhyming words and syllables.
The children should always review their groups of Red/ Sight/Memory words
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH — The students will describe position of shapes using terms above, below, beside, top, middle, bottom, over, on, under, inside, outside, in front of, behind, next to, left, right, between,to correctly name shapes regardless of orientation.
STEAM CONNECTION: In this chapter the children will make connections to scientific practices as they use observations to identify the positions of objects.
MATH WORDS: Above, below, above, top, middle, bottom, over, on under, over, in front of, inside, outside, behind next to, left, right, between.
CCSS: K.CC.3 – Write numbers 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral. K.CC.4 – Understand the relationship between number and quantities, connect counting to cardinality.
RELIGION: The students will read and discuss Lent a time of prayer and loving God and others, read, discuss and learn the Stations of the Cross. The children will read Bible stories and sing Religion songs.
WEEKLY READER – What Will You Read? Children will identify different genres of books and describe their characteristics. My Wild Weather Day -Children will identify different kinds of weather and discuss how weather can affect daily activities.. – Science Spin- Profile of a Scientist and Robot Man.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will begin the fifth cell of LabLearner – Using Models- The children will perform activities and conduct experiments focused on measuring and quantifying properties of objects using measuring objects such as rulers, meters, pitchers, pan balance liters and gram cubes.