WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
WELCOME TO THE 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- If your child is staying for after care they MUST have their OWN SNACK.
- Thursday brown envelope MUST be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CLASS SUPPLIES MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL EACH DAY.
- WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 4TH IS THE LAST ICE CREAM SALE. FIFTY CENTS FOR AN ICE CREAM.
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 6TH ARRIVE BY 7:40 FOR MASS. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL. THERE IS AFTERCARE. IF YOUR CHILD IS STAYING NOTIFY ME AND SEND YOUR CHILD WITH LUNCH AND A DRINK.
- SATURDAY DECEMBER 7TH BARNES AND NOBLE FUN AT RIVERSIDE SQUARE.
- SUNDAY DECEMBER 8TH IS SJA’S BREAKFAST WITH SANTA AND SANTA’S WORKSHOP. THE 8TH GRADE WILL ALSO BE SELLING CHRISTMAS WREATHS.
- MONDAY DECEMBER 9TH THE CHILDREN WILL ATTEND SANTA’S WORKSHOP. FILL OUT THE SANTA’S WORKSHOP PAPER THAT WAS SENT HOME. RETURN THE PAPER WITH CASH OR CHECK IN AN ENVELOPE WITH YOUR CHILD TO SHOP AT SANTA’S WORKSHOP.
- HOME AND SCHOOL MEETING ON MONDAY DECEMBER 9TH. REPORT CARDS WILL BE DISTRIBUTED AFTER THE MEETING.
- CHRISTMAS SHOW TUESDAY DECEMBER 17TH. THE CHILDREN WILL COME TO SCHOOL IN THEIR COSTUME FOR THE SHOW. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL. THERE IS NO AFTERCARE. THE CHILDREN WILL REPORT TO SCHOOL AT 6:30 P.M. FOR THE EVENING PERFORMANCE.
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 20TH IS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE OUR CHRISTMAS BREAK. CLASS CHRISTMAS PARTY WILL MOST LIKELY BE ON THIS DAY. DETAILS TO FOLLOW.
- WISHING YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!
- SCHOOL REOPENS ON MONDAY JANUARY 6, 2020.
Monday – SPANISH
Tuesday – MUSIC
Wednesday – COMPUTER
Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school AND ART
Friday – Science Lab
READING : The students will introduced to a new SUPERKIDS friend and working with consonant Ll, introduced to nouns and verbs, introduced to asking sentences and question mark, continue to review short vowel Aa and Oo, in both the initial and medial position, continue work with COPS; capitalization, organization, punctuation, and spelling, work with blending papers, continue to identify parts of a book, recognize words are made up of letters, identify rhyming words and syllables. REVIEW BLENDING PAPERS 3 & 4.
The children should always review their groups of Red/ Sight/Memory words.
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will count and compare numbers 1 to 10, both forward and backward, write the number of objects in a given group, match tally marks and classify objects into categories to make a tally chart and count.
The students will continue to compare groups by matching objects and counting by extras, identify whether a group has more objects or fewer objects than another group, make groups equal by adding more or taking some away, read, write, and count numbers 0 to 10, and identify the quantity of objects in a group by the number and the number name.
STEAM CONNECTION: The children will make connections to scientific practices as they use observation skills to determine patterns and use tally marks as well.
MATH WORDS: tally marks. tally chart, forward, backward, count, order, before, after, equal, greater than, less than, ordinal number, zero, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, and ten.
CCSS: K.CC.3 – Write numbers 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral. K.CC.4 – Understand the relationship between number and quantities, connect counting to cardinality.
RELIGION: The students will learn about Advent; a four week period of time that we are prepare and wait for the coming of the birth of Jesus. The students will sing Religion songs and read and discuss Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – Science/Social Studies: Busy Bakery – The children will identify several holiday workers and describe the jobs they do. Science Spin – Brand New Bear – The children will sequence the steps and identify the tools used to make teddy bears in a factory. They will also practice being engineers as they measure teddy bears.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will begin the third cell of LabLearner – Using Math. Through experiments and discussions the children will explore the relationship between science and math.