WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Monday December 10th there is a Home and School meeting. Report cards will be given out after the meeting.
- THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 10TH -14TH THE KINDERGARTEN WILL BE HAVING THE GROUP READING AND ASSESSMENT DIAGNOSTIC EVALUATION EACH DAY. HOMEWORK FOR THE WEEK WILL BE VERY LIGHT OR NO HOMEWORK EACH EVENING.
- SANTA’S WORKSHOP IS MONDAY DECEMBER 10TH THROUGH WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 12TH. REMEMBER TO SEND IN THE ENVELOPE WITH THE MONEY/CHECK (THAT WENT HOME IN THE BROWN ENVELOPE) WITH YOUR CHILD. IF YOU MISPLACED THE ENVELOPE WRITE A LIST OF ITEMS YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CHILD TO PURCHASE AND PUT THE LIST AND THE MONEY/CHECK IN AN ENVELOPE. ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE ENVELOPE WRITE SANTA’S WORKSHOP AND YOUR CHILD’S NAME.
- THURSDAY DECEMBER 13TH IS COOKIES/PICTURES WITH SANTA.
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 14TH IS PIZZA LUNCH IF YOU ORDERED FOR YOUR CHILD.
- TUESDAY DECEMBER 18TH IS OUR DRESS REHEARSAL FOR THE CHRISTMAS SHOW. THE CHILDREN ARE TO WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTERCARE. THAT EVENING THE CHILDREN ARE TO REPORT TO SCHOOL BY 6:30 FOR THE EVENING PERFORMANCE.
- WEDNESDAY DEC.19TH CHEESECAKE ARE DELIVERED.
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 21ST WE WILL HAVE OUR CHRISTMAS CLASS PARTY. WE WILL HAVE BAGELS, FRUIT, A CHRISTMAS TREAT AND JUICE. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
- WE WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES A VERY BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!
- SCHOOL REOPENS ON WEDNESDAY JANUARY 2, 2019!
Monday – Spanish
Tuesday – Art and Music
Wednesday – Computer
Thursday – Gym – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
Friday – Science Lab
READING : The children will will have the Group Reading and Assessment Diagnostic Evaluation all week. The children will continue to work with sentences using COPS to help with sentence writing, use clues to write simple sentences, continue to work with short vowel Aa and Oo in both the initial and medial position, change short vowels a and o to make new words, introduced a new Superkids friend and short vowel Ii, practice and review all red/memory words, continue to review rhyming words. Spelling words for a quiz on Thursday.
REVIEW ALL RED/MEMORY WORDS.
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will survey and record data, complete and interpret picture graphs, pictographs, and bar graphs, explore fraction concepts, including one half and one fourth, explore events more likely, equally likely, or less likely to occur, and solve problems by making a list.
CCSS: K.CC.5 – Count to answer “how many?” questions about as many as 20 things arranged in a line, a rectangular array, or a circle, or as many as 10 things in a scattered configuration; given a number from 1-20, count out that many objects. K.MD.3 – Classify objects into given categories; count the number of objects in each category and sort the categories by count. (Limit category counts to be less than or equal to 10.)
RELIGION: The students will continue to learn about Advent a season to prepare for Christmas when Christ’s first coming to us is remembered; learn about the Advent wreath, and that the four weeks of Advent prepares us for Christmas the birth of our Lord and discuss and learn about Our Lady of Guadalupe. The students will sing Religion songs and read and discuss Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – Science/Social Studies – Let’s Make Gingerbread! The children will sequence the steps of making gingerbread. Attempt to make a silly gingerbread recipe book. The children will continue to explore directions and practice to read a grid.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will work with the third cell of LabLearner – Using Math. The children will work with three investigations. Our second investigation the children will be comparing amounts.