WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
GOOD MORNING STUDENTS AND PARENTS,
TO ALL MY ALL MY LITTLE KINDERGARTEN MUNCHKINS I MISS YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU BOYS AND GIRLS FOR WORKING SO HARD AT HOME! I LOVED SEEING YOUR AWESOME COMPLETED WORK! CONTINUE TO WORK VERY HARD.
PARENTS THIS IS NOT AN EASY TIME WE ARE ALL GOING THROUGH, HOWEVER, WE WILL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER. I CAN NOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR HELPING YOUR CHILD AT HOME. A WORLD OF THANKS – MERCI -GRACIAS – AND ONCE AGAIN MANY THANKS FOR YOU AND ALL YOU ARE DOING TO HELP YOUR CHILD.
STAY WELL AND HEALTHY. GOD BLESS!
EACH DAY OUR DAILY LESSONS WILL BE POSTED. HAVE FUN LIKE WE DO IN CLASS. CHALLENGE YOURSELF. KNOW YOU CAN DO THE WORK. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP TEACH MOM AND OR DAD TOO!
- EMAILS MAY BE SENT TO ME BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8 A.M. AND 3:15 P.M. ANY SENT TO ME AFTER 3:15 P.M. WILL NOT BE ANSWERED UNTIL THE NEXT SCHOOL DAY.
- BEGINNING MARCH 19TH MATH, READING, RELIGION, SCIENCE/HEALTH OR SOCIAL STUDIES SUBJECTS WORK WILL BE POSTED ALTERNATE DAYS.
- ALL COMPLETED WORK MUST BE SENT TO ME EACH DAY.
- ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING ART YOU CAN EMAIL OUR ART TEACHER AT KONJJOOEE@GMAIL.COM. IN THE EMAIL INCLUDE YOUR FIRST & LAST NAME AND YOUR GRADE.
- IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ABCMOUSE THEY ARE OFFERING A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL.
- TRY USING WWW.SCHOLATIC.COM/LEARNATHOME FOR SOME FUN STORIES.
- STARFALL.COM IS ANOTHER FUN LEARNING TOOL.
- MISS YOU ALL! HAVE FUN DOING YOUR WORK. STAY HOME AND STAY WELL. GOD BLESS!
- FINISHED ART WORK IS TO BE EMAILED TO KONJJOOEE@GMAIL.COM
- LESSONS FOR JUNE 8 -10, 2020
- CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MONDAY JUNE 8, 2020
- 9:30 ZOOM CLASS WITH MRS. KRALJIC TO DISCUSS THE LAVA LAMP
- 11:00 ZOOM CLASS- RIZZO’S WILDLIFE WITH THE PRE-K CLASSES
- TUESDAY JUNE 9, 2020
- 11:00 ZOOM CLASS – SUMMER FUN
- WEDNESDAY JUNE 10, 2020
- STEP UP DAY WITH MS. CALIANESE AT 9:30. PARENTS YOU WERE SENT THE ZOOM INFORMATION ALREADY
- FIRST GRADE SUMMER PACKETS WILL BE SENT TO YOU
- Parents once again I thank you for all your help, patience and dedication for the past few months as we all learned the process of remote learning. We did it! As stated in my previous email letter I sent to you, I thank you for entrusting me and St. Joseph Academy with your child. I wish you and your families a very happy summer. God bless you all.
LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN!
- Please feel free to contact me by note or email.
- Any money sent into school must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- If your child is staying for after care they MUST have their OWN SNACK.
- Thursday brown envelope MUST be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CLASS SUPPLIES MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL EVERY DAY.
- HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Monday – SPANISH
- Tuesday – MUSIC
- Wednesday – COMPUTER
- Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school AND ART CLASS IN THE AFTERNOON
- Friday – Science Lab
READING : The students will be introduced to a new Superkids friend while working with consonant Ff, continue to encode and decode words, continue to identify nouns and verbs, and and asking sentences and question mark, continue to review short vowel Aa and Oo, Ii, in both the initial and medial position, continue work with COPS; capitalization, organization, punctuation, and spelling, work with blending papers, continue to identify parts of a book, recognize words are made up of letters, identify rhyming words and syllables.
The children should always review their groups of Red/ Sight/Memory words
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH — The students will describe position of shapes using terms above, below, beside, top, middle, bottom, over, on, under, inside, outside, in front of, behind, next to, left, right, between,to correctly name shapes regardless of orientation.
STEAM CONNECTION: In this chapter the children will make connections to scientific practices as they use observations to identify the positions of objects.
MATH WORDS: Above, below, above, top, middle, bottom, over, on under, over, in front of, inside, outside, behind next to, left, right, between.
CCSS: K.CC.3 – Write numbers 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral. K.CC.4 – Understand the relationship between number and quantities, connect counting to cardinality.
RELIGION: The students will read and discuss Lent a time of prayer and loving God and others, read, discuss and learn the Stations of the Cross. The children will read Bible stories and sing Religion songs.
WEEKLY READER – What Will You Read? Children will identify different genres of books and describe their characteristics. My Wild Weather Day -Children will identify different kinds of weather and discuss how weather can affect daily activities.. – Science Spin- Profile of a Scientist and Robot Man.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The children will begin the fifth cell of LabLearner – Using Models- The children will perform activities and conduct experiments focused on measuring and quantifying properties of objects using measuring objects such as rulers, meters, pitchers, pan balance liters and gram cubes.