WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Check your childs’ school supplies and class folder every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- Thursday brown envelope should be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 13TH PICTURE RETAKES AND ABSENTEES. WE WILL HAVE OUR CLASS PICTURE TAKEN ON THIS DAY.
- FRIDAY DEC.15TH PIZZA LUNCH
- WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20TH – CHRISTMAS SHOW – DRESS REHEARSAL. THE CHILDREN ARE TO WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL. THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
- THE EVENING OF DECEMBER 20TH THE CHILDREN ARE TO REPORT TO THE CLASSROOM AT 6:30 FOR THE EVENING PERFORMANCE OF OUR CHRISTMAS SHOW.
- FRIDAY DECEMBER 22ND CLASS CHRISTMAS PARTY. 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTER CARE.
- MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!
- SCHOOL REOPENS TUESDAY JANUARY 2, 2018.
- FRIDAY JANUARY 5TH THERE IS AN 11:50 DISMISSAL AND THERE IS NO AFTERCARE.
Monday – Science LabLearner
Tuesday – Art, Music and Computer
Thursday – Spanish and Gym – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school.
READING : The students will be completing work with our Superkids friend Icky, review all previous taught consonants Cc, Gg, Dd, and Ss, work with short vowels a, i, and o, to make words, review short vowels Aa and Oo, in both the initial and medial position, continue work with CVC words, and COPS, recognize that words are made up of letters, identify capital and lowercase letters, identify rhyming words,and draw conclusions from pictures. The students will be introduced to consonant Tt and a new SUPERKIDS friend. REMEMBER TO REVIEW ALL RED WORDS WITH ARM TAPPING WITH YOUR CHILD EACH EVENING.
CCSS: K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will identify and work with ordinal numbers first to tenth, review one to one correspondence, most, least/fewer in groups, and be introduced to number patterns.
CCSS: K.G.1 – Describe objects in the environment using names of shapes, and describe the relative positions of these objects using terms such as above, below, beside, in front of, behind, next to, left, right and between. K.G.3 – Identify shapes as two-dimensional (lying in a plane, “flat”) or three- dimensional (“solid”).
RELIGION: The students will continue to read and discuss Advent, a season we prepare for Christmas, the coming of the Son of God. The students will sing Religion songs and read Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER/SCIENCE SPIN — “Go To Sleep Animals” – The children will learn about the hibernation of different animals.
SOCIAL STUDIES: The children will learn about the seven continents.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – The next few weeks the students will be working with the next CELL – Making Measurements. This CELL will have three labs and lectures to continue with our investigations