WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
We look forward to a year filled with lots of learning, laughs and love! Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
This page will have class reminders and lessons for the week. LESSONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
WELCOME TO THE 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!
- Please feel free to contact me by email/note.
- All money must be in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- School supplies and class folder must be checked every evening.
- The children must bring their own snack and drink each day.
- If your child is staying for after care they MUST have their OWN SNACK.
- Thursday brown envelope MUST be returned either Friday or Monday morning.
- THE HOMEWORK PAPER FOR THE WEEK IS IN THE HOME WORK FOLDER. KEEP THIS HOMEWORK PAPER IN THE FOLDER AND RETURN BOTH PAPER AND FOLDER EVERY DAY. THE HOMEWORK IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. CLASS SUPPLIES MUST BE BROUGHT TO SCHOOL EACH DAY.
- FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 20th THERE IS A PIZZA LUNCH.
Monday – SPANISH
Tuesday – MUSIC
Wednesday – COMPUTER
Thursday – GYM – the children are to wear their gym uniform and sneakers to school AND ART
Friday – Science Lab
READING : The students will finish work identifying Cc/ associate c with /k/, identify parts of a book, recognize words are made up of letters, recognize top, middle, bottom, and identify rhyming words, the students will be introduced to short vowel Oo and a new SUPERKIDS FRIEND.
CCSS: K.RF.1B – Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters. K.RF.2 – Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes). K.RF.3a – Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant. K.RF.1d – Recognize and name all upper-and lowercase letters of the alphabet. K.RI.5 – Identify the front cover, back cover and title page of a book. K.SL.2 – Confirm understanding of a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media by asking and answering questions about key details and requesting clarification if something is not understood.
MATH: The students will work with sorting. Learn to sort alike or same objects, classify objects as different, sort objects that are the same color, shape or size, compare measurable attributes. Each lesson will also have a STEAM connection. THE CHILDREN MAY HAVE A MATH QUIZ ON SORTING.
MATH WORDS: SORT, ALIKE, SAME, DIFFERENT, SIZE, BIG, SMALL.
CCSS: K.G.4 – Analyze and compare two – three- dimensional shapes, in different shapes, in different sizes, and orientations, using informal language to describe their similarities, differences, parts (e.g.,number of sides and vertices/”corners”) and other attributes (e.g., having sides of equal length).
RELIGION: The students will learn God made the whole world, everything God made is good. The students will learn about CREATION. The students will sing Religion songs and read and discuss Bible stories.
WEEKLY READER – Science/Social Studies – FRIENDS SHARE – The children will learn and practice different ways to share with friends and classmates.
CCSS: K.SL.1 – Participate in collaborative conversations about kindergarten topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
SCIENCE LABLEARNER – Classes will begin in October.