Welcome to Prek 4!
Ms. Reilly and Mrs. Roche
- Please feel free to contact me by email or note
- The Thursday brown envelope must be returned no later than Monday each week with the weekly lunch order form.
- Please make sure that all money is in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on everything they bring to school, especially sweatshirts, lunch boxes and nap blankets.
- Nap blankets will be sent home every Friday to be washed and returned on Monday.
- Friday, December 15th is pizza lunch.
- Wednesday, December 20th — Christmas Show and Dress Rehearsal — The children are to wear their costumes to school. There is an 11:50am dismissal and there is NO AFTERCARE.
Monday – Computers
Tuesday – Music
Wednesday – Science Lab and Gym
(Girls MUST have their hair tied back for Science Lab)
Thursday – Art and Spanish
Lesson Plans for the week of December 11, 2017
(Lessons are subject to change)
Our theme for this week is “Gingerbread”– We will be reading several different gingerbread stories and talking about the characters as well as working on story sequencing. We will solve the mystery of the missing gingerbread man as well as taste gingerbread cookies and graph our preferences. Our letter of the week is letter “F” and our number of the week is Zero.
Centers: Our Centers for the week are puzzles, play doh, writing, art, pretend and math. The children are in groups of 3 or 4 students and spend about 10 minutes in each group throughout the week. In our art center this week we will be decorating and coloring gingerbread cut outs. In our writing center we will continue to work on pencil grip and our pretend center will be in the kitchen of course! In our math center we will play a game called “Clear the Cookie Sheet,” which will not only teach number recognition but also reinforce the number zero. The children are becoming quite good at puzzles so we will continue working on puzzles in our centers this week as well. Finally, in our play doh center the children will be using cookie cutters to make different shapes.
Religion — This week in religion we will continue to talk about Advent and waiting patiently with Mary. We will also continue our lesson on the Holy Family.
Math — Our number of the week is 0 — zero. We will continue to practice number recognition up to number 11, writing 0 and sequencing numbers up to number 11 starting at 0.
Language Arts/Writing — Our letter of the week is letter “F.” We will sing our letter “f” song, practice writing letter “f” as well as recognizing letter “f.” We will talk about words that begin with letter “f” as well as make our letter craft of the week.
Weekly Reader — We completed last weeks reader titled “Mailing a Holiday Card.” This week we will reread the weekly reader together and then make our own holiday card.
Science — We had to reschedule last weeks science lab so we will definitely have science lab this week. We will still be using our balance scales and learning about equal weight.