Welcome to Prek 4!
Ms. Reilly and Mrs. Roche
- Please feel free to contact me by email or note
- The Thursday brown envelope must be returned no later than Monday each week with the weekly lunch order form.
- Please make sure that all money is in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on everything they bring to school, especially sweatshirts, lunch boxes and nap blankets.
- Nap blankets will be sent home every Friday to be washed and returned on Monday.
- Just a reminder this Wednesday, April 18th and Friday, April 20th are class pizza lunches.
Monday – Computers
Tuesday – Music
Wednesday – Science Lab and Gym
(Girls MUST have their hair tied back for Science Lab)
Thursday – Art and Spanish
Lesson Plans for the week of April 16, 2018
(Lessons are subject to change)
Our theme for this week is Earth Day. We will learn about why we celebrate Earth Day as well as how we can take care of our planet. We will also learn what recycling is and what we should recycle by sorting some clean but real recyclable items.
Centers: The centers for this week are art, math, writing, blocks, fine motor and pretend. Students are in groups of 3 or 4 and spend about 10 minutes in each group throughout the week. In the art center this week students will create an Earth Day mural. In the math center students will be making number books. The primary focus will be numbers 11 to 20. In the writing center this week we will practice writing in our notebooks. We will practice our fine motor skills by making bird feeders out of pipe cleaners and cheerios. Finally, in our blocks center this week we will use our wood blocks to build and in our pretend center we will do some bird watching from our “tree house.”
Religion — This week we will reread the creation story and talk about how God wants us to care for His creation.
Math — In math this week we will continue to practice counting and writing numbers on our own. Students will finish making counting books up to number 20.
Language Arts/Writing — Our letter of the week is letter “Q” We will be reading the letter “Q” book, practicing the sound of letter “Q” and making our letter “Q” craft.
Weekly Reader — The weekly reader this week is titled “The Best Thing on Earth.” The students will learn about the many parts of our planet and how to keep it clean.
Science — We will have science lab this week and we will begin our third unit on Observation and Comparison. Students will observe various objects using a hand lens.