Welcome to Prek 4!
Ms. Reilly and Mrs. Roche
- Please feel free to contact me by email or note
- The Thursday brown envelope must be returned by Friday or Monday each week with the weekly lunch order form.
- Please make sure that all money is in an envelope marked with your child’s name, grade and purpose.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on everything they bring to school, especially sweatshirts, lunch boxes and nap blankets.
- Nap blankets will be sent home every Friday to be washed and returned on Monday
- This Friday, October 6th is an 11:50am dismissal with No Aftercare.
- Monday, October 16th there is no school — Professional Day for teachers
- This Wednesday, October 18th is Science Lab — Girls MUST have their hair tied back.
Monday – Computers
Tuesday – Music
Wednesday – Science Lab and Gym
(Girls MUST have their hair tied back for Science Lab)
Thursday – Art and Spanish
Lesson Plans for the week of October 16th.
(Lessons are subject to change)
Our Theme for this week is “Seasons” — This week in Prek 4 we will finish up our leaf theme and move into learning about the seasons. We will do several gross motor and fine motor activities related to our theme, such as our discovery center where we will look closely at leaves with magnifying glasses and do leaf rubbing. We will be reading several theme related books as well as decorate trees according to specific seasons.
This week we will continue working in Centers. The children have been put in groups and will work for 10-12 minutes in each area. The centers for this week are discovery, blocks, art, pretend and math. In our art center this week we will finish up our letter T craft and begin working on our letter M page.
Religion — We will read the story of Joseph and his brothers as well as continue to practice the Hail Mary and our religion songs. We will continue working in our religion books.
Math — This week we will review numbers 1 through 5 and focus on number recognition.
Writing/Language Arts — Our letter of the week is letter M. We will be practicing writing the letter M as well as learning the sounds that M makes and discussing what words start with M.
Science: Our science unit is all about Numbers. This week we will make a human graph of our favorite seasons. We will use words such as least and greatest to describe our graph.