WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
Mrs. Saccoccio and Mrs. Barcon
- Remember to check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder everyday
- Students should bring in a morning snack and lunch (or a lunch order form and money)
Monday: Science Lab (girls must have hair tied back) and Music
Tuesday: Computer and Art
Thursday: Spanish and Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms and white sneakers)
Lesson Plans for the week of 4/16 .Please remember all plans are subject to change.
* Please scroll to bottom for homework
Reading/ Language Arts (Superkids):Students will begin Unit 2 in their student books, More Adventures of the SuperKids. Student books will be sent home once they are completed. Students will be completing p. 24-30 this week in their student books.
- Monday- Students will read the story The Wish. Students will understand the importance of setting, and decode words that end in ier and est
- Tuesday- Students will spell red words their, now, always, because, been and apply the spelling rule for adding endings to words with final y
- Wednesday- Students will encode verbs and endings -es and –ed
- Thursday- Students will practice identifying and encoding base words with final y
- Friday- Students will review red and pattern words from Units 1 and 2
Unit 2 Red Spelling Words:
Pattern Spelling Words
Weekly Reader: Lend a Hand to Lemur’s
Math: Place Extending Addition and Subtraction Facts (Ch.6) Students will add numbers will sums of 13-17 in horizontal and vertical forms. Students will use information on a map to help solve math problems.
Religion: Jesus Gives Us the Eucharist (Ch.22): Students will be introduced to what Jesus said and did at the Last Supper. Students will discuss the connection between the Last Supper and the Eucharist.
Science (Lablearner):Discovering Life: In Investigation 2, students will continue to practice classifying objects based on their properties. Students will compare living and non-living things, and understand the common properties of most living things (growth, need for food, water, and protection).
Homework: week of 4/16 (subject to change, please check green homework book and classwork folder daily.