WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
Mrs. Saccoccio and Mrs. Barcon
- Remember to check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder everyday
- Students should bring in a morning snack and lunch (or a lunch order form and money)
- There is no school Friday 2/16 and Monday 2/19 (winter recess)
Monday: Science Lab (girls must have hair tied back) and Music
Tuesday: Computer and Art
Thursday: Spanish and Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms and white sneakers)
Lesson Plans for the week of 2/20 .Please remember all plans are subject to change.
* Please scroll to bottom for homework
Reading/ Language Arts (Superkids):Students will begin Unit 9 in their student books, Adventures of the SuperKids. Student books will be sent home once they are completed. Students will be completing p. 10-15 this week in their student books.
- Monday- No school
- Tuesday- Students will sequence events from the story The Straw Horse
- Wednesday- Students will spell red words would, could, some, one, new, were and encode CVVC words with -ing and -ed endings
- Thursday- Students will discuss plays/fables and use pictures and prior knowledge answer questions about a play
- Friday- Unit 9 Spelling Test
Unit 9 Pattern (Spelling) Words:
Unit 9 red (Spelling) Words:
Weekly Reader: The Story of Rosa Parks
Math: Place Value to 100 (Ch.5) Students will write numbers 60-100 using numbers and number words. Students will express and represent numbers 60-100 as composed sets of tens and ones. Students will also estimate the quality in a set of up to 60 objects
Religion: Lent (Ch.20): Students will identify Lent as a special time when the Church gets ready to celebrate Jesus’ Death and Resurrection. Students will think of ways to grow closer to Jesus during this holy time.
Science (Lablearner): Comparing Properties of Liquids: In Investigation 4, students will discover what occurs when two liquids are combined. Students will observe that all liquids pour, take the shape of their container, and are wet.
Homework: week of 2/20 (subject to change, please check green homework book and classwork folder daily.
- Monday: no school
- Friday: Unit 9 Spelling Test