WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
Mrs. Saccoccio and Mrs. Barcon
- Remember to check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder everyday.
- Students should bring in a morning snack and lunch (or a lunch order form and money).
First Grade Special Schedule
Monday: Science Lab (girls must have hair tied back) and Music
Tuesday: Computer and Art
Thursday: Spanish and Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms and white sneakers)
Lesson Plans for the week of 12/11. Please remember all plans are subject to change.
* Please scroll to bottom for homework
Reading/ Language Arts (Superkids):Students will begin Unit 5 in their student books, Adventures of the SuperKids. Student books will be sent home once they are completed. Students will be completing p.1-8 this week in their student books.
- Monday- Story follow-up. Students will recall details from the story “Yuck!” “Yuck!”
- Tuesday- Students will review encoding and decoding words ending in -ing and -ed
- Wednesday- Unit 5 Spelling test
- Thursday- Students will begin Unit 6 in their student books. Students will identify and distinguish between short and long vowels
- Friday- Students will associate short-vowel sounds with consonant-and-vowel patterns.
Unit 5 Pattern (Spelling) Words:
- Just add the ending
- Double the last letter, and then add the ending
Unit 5 red (Spelling) Words:
Weekly Reader: Making Gingerbread Men
Math: Subtraction Strategies and Facts to 12 (Ch. 3) Students will recognize the relationship between addition and subtraction. Students will use related addition facts (sums to 12) to check subtraction.
Religion: Christmas (Ch. 15) Students will learn how the Advent is the time we get ready to celebrate Jesus’ birth at Christmas. Students will discuss ways they can share Jesus’s light with others.
Science (Lablearner): Investigation 5: Safety all the time: Students will learn the importance of safe habits at school through the creation and use of models. Investigation 5 also expands students’ understanding of safety by demonstrating how walking or running too closely to other individuals can cause falls and other accidents to occur.
Homework: week of 12/11 (subject to change, please check green homework book and classwork folder daily.