WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
Mrs. Saccoccio and Mrs. Barcon
- Thursday 10/26 is a noon dismissal with aftercare. If staying for the full day, please send lunch.
- Parent/Teacher conferences on are on Thursday 10/26. Conference times are 1-3 and 5-7:30 ( the last conference is at 7:15).
- Friday 10/27 is a noon dismissal for all students. Ther is no aftercare. First grade dismissal is at 11:50.
- Remember to check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder everyday.
- Students should bring in a morning snack and lunch (or a lunch order form and money).
First Grade Special Schedule
Monday: Science Lab (girls must have hair tied back) and Music
Tuesday: Computer and Art
Thursday: Spanish and Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms and white sneakers)
Lesson Plans for the week of 10/23 Please remember all plans are subject to change.
* Please scroll to bottom for homework
Reading/ Language Arts (Superkids): Students will continue working on their second student book, Adventures of the SuperKids. Student books will be sent home after each unit once they are completed. Students will be completing p.25-30 this week in their student books.
- Monday- Decode words with th and ch. Students will undestand the expressions Thanks! and No thanks!
- Tuesday- Students will read What A Pet! in small groups. Students will self monitor with fix-up tips (rereading confusing parts, using pictures for clues) and determine cause and effect
- Wednesday- Students will recall story details of What A Pet!
- Thursday- Students will draw conclusions to answer riddles and complete a puzzle
- Friday- Spelling Test Unit 2: all six red words and four pattern words
Unit 2 Pattern (Spelling) Words:
- (ath) bath, math, path
- (oth) moth, cloth
- ( th_) thin, think, thick,
- (th_) then, them
Unit 2 red (Spelling) Words:
Weekly Reader: What is a flying fox?
Math: Addition Strategies and Facts to 12(Ch. 2) Students will use a numberline to count on to add sums of 12. Students will be able to identify patterns and complete addition patterns.
Religion: Jesus Had Many Followers (Ch. 8) Students will learn how Jesus invited people to be his followers. Students will explore how Jesus taught his followers to pray.
Science (Lablearner): Investigation 4: The Sense of smell. In Investigation 4, students will learn how odors can be considered properities of an objects. Students will understand that observations can be recorded in diffrent ways, and discuss how our senses help to protect us.
Homework: week of 10/20 (subject to change, please check green homework book and classwork folder daily