WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
- Monday November 4th – Start of Winter Uniform
- Friday November 8th – Picture Day!!
- Monday November 11th – Veterans Day
- Students are to bring in morning snack and lunch (or lunch order form with lunch money)
- Please check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder every night
- Please bring in all school supplies and five sharpened pencils everyday!
Monday: Science lab and Music
Tuesday: Art and Spanish
Thursday: Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms)
*Lesson Plans for the week of _11/11
SuperKids: Memory and Pattern Words for Unit 2: where, what, why, when, which, who///bath, math, path, moth, cloth, thin, think, thick, then, them. Superkids test Tuesday 11/19!
- Monday: Students will be review vocabulary words that were introduced in the story that was read last week, and will associate those words with pictures. Students will also be asked questions to check comprehension as well as review question words. **Writing Time (if time): Questions for Investigation
- Tuesday: Students will review vocabulary and decoding with th and ch words and also review question words and their meanings (i.e. when asks for a time, etc.). They will complete an activity that has them identify the correct question word to begin each question. Students will be given time to practice asking and answering questions. **Writing Time (if time): Questions about a parrot
- Wednesday: Students will be split into groups completing small activities to build fluency and work on spelling. Students will also be allowed to read independently. I will be meeting with individual groups to read “What a Pet!” to check individual comprehension.
- Thursday: Today will begin our review sessions leading up to the Superkids test being held on Tuesday 11/19. Students will participate in a *Sparkle Spelling Bee* to review memory words. Students will also be given the opportunity to practice answering riddles and have practice encoding through a crossword puzzle.
- Friday: Students will have a 10-minute tuck in review day! This means that we will be reviewing the lessons we have learned throughout the week. We will be reviewing: end punctuation, spelling through word ladders, spelling and editing sentences, and asking and answering riddles. Each review will be a “game” to reinforce the reading skill.
Math: Sadlier Math
Chapter 3: Subtraction Fact and Strategies Within 10
Chapter 3’s Essential Question: How do you find the difference between two numbers?
- Monday: Students will complete a worksheet to review from the lessons taught last week.
- Tuesday: Based on the Check Your Progress Day worksheet, students will be re-taught certain strategies to help them subtract to assist them for the test on Thursday 11/14.
- Wednesday: Students will be complete a Chapter 3 review.
- Thursday: Chapter 3 Test!!
- Friday: Students will participate in an interactive smart board game, Matika Worlds (vocabulary match, addition problems) to enhance and engage their skills learned throughout the week. Students will also get to see a “Sneak Peek” at Chapter 4.
Religion: We Believe
Unit 2: We Are Followers of Jesus
Chapter 8: Jesus Had Many Followers
Students will be able to recognize Jesus as a person who invited people to become his followers, that Jesus’ followers believed that he was the Son of God, explore how Jesus taught his followers to pray, and to say the Lord’s Prayer and understand the meaning of the words.
Students will begin their new set of Investigations with their new Unit: Our Senses. During this Unit, students will conduct several investigations focused on exploring our five senses. Students will use their senses of hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste to experience and observe the world around them. Through these investigations, students will develop both their observational skills and their understanding of the human body.
Investigation 1: The Sense of Hearing
Investigation Two leads students toward utilizing their sense of sight to identify properties of objects. In addition, students will use a hand lens to add clarity and magnification to the images of the objects they view.
This Investigation is designed to:
- provide an opportunity for students to explore the sense of sight
- introduce a new tool, the hand lens, to students
- promote student investigation of the concept of magnification
- help students understand how the sense of sight is used to identify properties of objects
- help students understand that observations can be recorded in different ways.
*Lesson plan subject to change
Please Remember to Sign Behavior Sheets and Red Blurt Hands to be returned to school the following day. 🙂
Math: Pg. 114/// Test Thursday 11/14
Superkids: Memory Words 2x each///Test Next Tuesday 11/19!
*Sign Behavior Chart and any Red Blurt Hands