WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
- January 27th – 31st – Catholic Schools Week!
- Students are to bring in morning snack and lunch (or lunch order form with lunch money)
- Please check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder every night
- Please bring in all school supplies and five sharpened pencils everyday!
Monday: Science lab and Music
Tuesday: Art and Spanish
Thursday: Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms)
*Lesson Plans for the week of _1/21
Memory and Pattern Words for Unit 5: there, from, be, to, we, or///helping, helped, asking, asked, hugging, hugged, shopping, shopped
- Monday: Students will read and review Unit 6 Memory and Pattern Words (said, only, you, out, of, here/// go, no, so, be, he, me, she, we, hi). Students will be given time to practice decoding CV words. ** Writing Time: If time students will practice writing dialogue between characters.
- Tuesday: Students will be split into small groups to help with story comprehension. Students will either be working with the teacher on fluency reading of “The Foolish Giant”, practice writing of memory words, or a story comprehension packet.
- Wednesday: Students will review the story “The Foolish Giant” and will also review what it means to draw conclusions from reading. We will also practice reading with expression and review the lasting lesson of our story, deciding together how to play.
- Thursday: Students will answer comprehension questions based on “The Foolish Giant” as well as be able to distinguish real or pretend events. Students will also have practice decoding short- and long-vowel words.
- Friday: Students will participate in a tuck-in review day! Students will play review “games” to reinforce the lessons taught throughout the week.
Math: Sadlier Math
Chapter 6: Place Value to 100
Chapter 6’s Essential Question: Why is place value important?
- Monday: Due to our schedule with Science we will not have a new math lesson today.
- Tuesday: Students will be able to make groups of 10s and 1s. (Math Words: tens, ones)
- Wednesday: Students will be able to write values of 10. (Math Words: ten-frame, tens number, ten rod).
- Thursday: Students will be able to find the tens and ones in numbers 11 through 19. (Math Word: two-digit number)
- Friday: Due to the Catholic Schools week schedule we will not be having a math lesson today.
Religion: We Believe
Chapter 11: The Holy Spirit Helps the Church to Grow
This weeks objectives: Students will be able to identify why Pentecost is a special day to us, name ways we as members of the Church can work together, to pray to the Holy Spirit when we need help, and use the Holy Spirit’s help to live as Jesus taught us.
Science: LabLearner – Staying Safe
Investigation 3: On the Move
This Investigation is designed to:
- increase students’ awareness of the importance of safety at play and in transportation
- help students apply the use of models to real-life situations
- emphasize the role of seatbelts in keeping people safe when traveling
- demonstrate to students the importance of wearing a helmet when bicycling or using skates, a skateboard, or a scooter.
*Lesson plan subject to change
Please Remember to Sign Behavior Sheets and Red Blurt Hands to be returned to school the following day. 🙂
Math – pgs. 198 Only /// Test Thursday 1/23!!!
Spelling: Memory and Pattern Words 2x each
- *Sign Behavior Chart and any Red Blurt Hands
- Please return the Parent-Teacher Conference Form ASAP Thank you!