WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
- Monday March 18th – HSA Meeting (with Report Cards) 7:00pm
- Students are to bring in morning snack and lunch (or lunch order form with lunch money)
- Please check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder every night
- Please bring in all school supplies and five sharpened pencils everyday!
Monday: Science lab or Computer and Music
Tuesday: Art and Spanish
Thursday: Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms)
*Lesson Plans for the week of _03/18
SuperKids: Students will work with Superkids book, “Adventures of the Superkids” Students will continue to practice decoding and blending sounds. They will learn patterns, rules to read and spell challenging words. Students will begin to read longer stories about the Superkids in their readers. Students will begin Units 9.
Monday: Students will review short-vowel patterns and be introduced to the reading rule for CVVC rules.
Tuesday: Students will complete rhymes by writing CVVC words. Students will also practice reading the words ran/rain, bed/bead, pal/pail, met/meat, got/goat, men/mean and will work with ai, ea, ie, oa, and ue word combinations.
Wednesday: Students will practice handwriting. Students will also review decoding short and long-vowel words.
Thursday: Students will read and practice new memory words (would, could, some, one, new, were). If time allows, students will also learn about homonyms.
Friday: Students will read “The Straw Horse” while practicing discovering setting and working on fluency.
Math: Progress in Math
Ch. 5: Students will read and write numbers through 100. Students will compare and order numbers as well as recognize odd and even numbers. Students will skip count by 5s and 2s and solve problems using logical reasoning. Students will be completing pp.193-201 this week in their textbooks.
This week’s objectives:
- Monday: Students will order numbers to 100. They have learned to identify numbers before and after and now will apply these skills to order numbers on a number line.
- Tuesday: Students will identify and describe number patterns in numbers 1-100. Students will also use a number chart to order numbers to 100. Patterns are an important part of algebraic reasoning. Patterns on a hundred chart illustrate and reinforce place value.
- Wednesday: Students will recognize and write numbers that are 10 less or 10 more than a given 2-digit number. I will reinforce place value in this lesson. It is important for students to realize that the digit in the tens place increases or decreases by one but has the value of 10 more or 10 less.
- Thursday: Problem Solving Practice! Students will use information in a table to help solve math problems.
- Friday: Progress Check Day! Today’s lesson is to check children’s progress with the objectives of Lessons 8 through 17. It will also prepare the children for standardized testing.
Religion: We Believe
Chapter 16: We Celebrate the Sacraments
This week’s objectives: to explain that Jesus’ words and actions celebrated God’s love, to introduce some of the ways we celebrate God’s love, to emphasize that Jesus gave us the sacraments, and to describe each of the seven sacraments.
***Friday’s during Lent we as a class will be attending 8 am mass. We will also be attending Stations of the Cross as a school.***
Students will begin a New Unit called the “Properties of Solids and Liquids” Throughout this unit students will investigate how solids and liquids are similar and how they are unique. Students will perform experiments to increase their understanding of the term property and students will develop an understanding of characteristics that define the two states of matter.
Investigation 5: Comparing Solids and Liquids
This Investigation is designed to:
- help students use their sense of sight and touch to identify different properties of solids and liquids.
- give students the opportunity to use simple tools to explore the differences between solids and liquids.
- increase students’ ability to successfully predict whether an object is a solid or a liquid.
- promote the exploration, expansion, and application of student understanding of the properties of solids and liquids.
*Lesson plan subject to change
Please Remember to Sign Behavior Sheets as well as any Red Hands to be returned to school the following day. 🙂
SuperKids: Practice Page 79
Math: Worksheet Page 70
**St. Joseph’s Day Mass Tuesday 8:00 am