WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!
- Saturday December 7th – Barnes and Noble Book Fair (Riverside Square)
- Monday December 9th – HSA Meetings/Report Cards @7pm
- Tuesday December 17th – 12:00 Dismissal! *NO AFTERCARE*/// Christmas Concert @6:30
- Friday December 20th – 12:00 Dimissal! *NO AFTERCARE*
- Students are to bring in morning snack and lunch (or lunch order form with lunch money)
- Please check your child’s green homework book and classwork folder every night
- Please bring in all school supplies and five sharpened pencils everyday!
Monday: Science lab and Music
Tuesday: Art and Spanish
Thursday: Gym (students are to come to school in their gym uniforms)
*Lesson Plans for the week of _12/9
SuperKids: Memory and Pattern Words for Unit 3: do, have, show, how, me, a/// king, sing, bring, long, song, strong, candle, handle, battle, cattle, rattle
Memory and Pattern Words for Unit 4: look, your, the, was, are, for/// ever, never, rested, tested, yelled, smelled, jumped, bumped
- Monday: Students will review the spelling of their memory and pattern words with a quick “quiz”. Students will also review rhyming words and will have practice encoding words.
- Tuesday: Students will begin Unit 4 of Adventures of the Superkids today. Students will be taught the phoneme er/er/ as well as the phoneme ed /ed/, /d/, /t/. Students will also be taught verbs and the -ed ending of words.
- Wednesday: Students will be introduced to Unit 4 Memory and Pattern Words (look, your, the, was, are, for/// ever, never, rested, tested, yelled, smelled, jumped, bumped). Students will also review nouns and verbs.
- Thursday: Students will be split into groups to review their reading and comprehension skills. Students will read “In a Pickle” as well as complete spelling and comprehension activities.
- Friday: Superkids review day! Students will participate in “games” to review lessons taught throughout the week. We we will review: context clues, phonics, decoding, grammar, and encoding.
Math: Sadlier Math
Chapter 4: Addition and Subtraction Relationships Within 10
Chapter 4’s Essential Question: How does knowing addition help you to subtract?
- Monday: Due to our schedule with Science as well as the Christmas Shop we will not be having a math lesson today.
- Tuesday: Students will be able to use a related subtraction fact to find a missing addend. (Math Words: related subtraction fact, missing addend)
- Wednesday: Students will be able to use a model to solve comparison subtraction word problems. (Math Words: model, how many more, how many less)
- Thursday: Students will be able to use an addition or subtraction strategy to solve comparison world problems. (Math Words: more, fewer)
- Friday: I am anticipating that students will need more practice and review with comparison word problems. Students will complete a few worksheets to practice comparison word problems.
Religion: We Believe
Chapter 13: Advent
This weeks objectives: Students will learn about the Church Season of Advent and that it is the time we get ready to celebrate Jesus’ birth at Christmas.
Students will begin their new set of Investigations with their new Unit: Our Senses. During this Unit, students will conduct several investigations focused on exploring our five senses. Students will use their senses of hearing, sight, touch, smell, and taste to experience and observe the world around them. Through these investigations, students will develop both their observational skills and their understanding of the human body.
Investigation 5: The Sense of Taste
Students will eat four foods and describe the flavor of each when exploring the sense of taste in Investigation Five. Students will classify the foods according to the four categories of flavors: sweet, sour, bitter, and salty.
This Investigation is designed to:
- give students an opportunity to explore their sense of taste
- introduce students to the four basic categories of taste: sweet, salty, bitter, and sour
- help students understand that observations can be recorded in different ways
- show students that taste is a property of foods.
*Lesson plan subject to change
Please Remember to Sign Behavior Sheets and Red Blurt Hands to be returned to school the following day. 🙂
No Homework! Enjoy the weekend! (See you at Barnes and Noble Saturday :D)