Welcome students and parents to the 4th and 5th Grade Social Studies page!
Note: Scroll to bottom for this week’s homework and objectives. It will be updated by day’s end of the first school day of each week.
Year-Long Goals: I aim to enrich the students in faith, education, and personal growth. As we explore the history of our state, nation, and world, I hope to connect these lessons with current day topics. Though achieving an understanding of social studies in a variety of ways is an overarching objective, my main goal as an educator is to allow students to flourish as individuals beyond the classroom. We will focus on allowing expression within respectful boundaries, learn to think critically, and explore the many facets of our history.
- Come to class with all materials needed. Unless instructed to do otherwise, I expect students to always have their textbooks.
- If you wish to leave your desk, the student must raise their hand.
- Respect is paramount. We will not interrupt other who are talking or reading, nor will we speak poorly of our classmates.
- Profanity is prohibited. There are hundreds of thousands of words in the English language, I’m sure you can express yourself otherwise.
- Keep your hands to yourself, even in a friendly manner.
- Do not touch, take, or damage anything that does not belong to you.
- Pay attention to whoever is reading or talking at that present moment.
- Written homework assignments are to be handed in the day that they are due. Only one late assignment will be accepted during each trimester for half credit. All other late work will not be accepted.
- If a student is absent, they will promptly be informed of any missed assignments and are responsible for their completion by the next school day. If student experience an extended absence, a plan to get everything completed may be discussed.
- Homework is to be done by the student. This means no copying from other classmates.
Students are expected to understand and comply to these classroom rules. Students who violate these classroom guidelines may be subject to verbal warnings which may escalate to after-school detention or loss of privileges.
All grades are of equal weight, but of varying points.
Homework: 10 points
In-Class Worksheets: 20 points
Quizzes: 45-60 points
Tests: 100 points
Projects: 75-100 points
Finals and midterms may be a test, individual project/paper, or group project/paper. This section will be updated once we inch closer to those assignments.
I will hold extra help every Thursday and Friday after school from 3:00 to 3:45. 4th grade extra help will be on Fridays and 5th grade will be every Thursday. Additional accommodations may be discussed, so feel free to e-mail me. If students have scheduling conflicts, please inform me and I may be able to shift my days around to better accommodate them. Those interested in extra help must sign up in a sheet I will provide.
Homework and Objectives for the week of 11/12-11/16:
Note: Homework will be listed under the day that it is assigned, not the day that it is due. For example: If homework is listed under Tuesday, it was assigned on that Tuesday and is due on the next day, Wednesday. I aim not to assign student’s homework on Friday, but occasionally I may have to in order to stay on track.
Possibility of homework updates after 5.
All homework is to be done in complete sentences.
4th GRADE ONLY: Extra help will be held on Thursdays
We have finally concluded chapter 4! This means we will be having a test this week. We are using this week as a review for the exam. The exam is scheduled for this Thursday.
ATTENTION: Test date will be changed for this Friday, November 16th.
Monday: Chapter 4 test review page 101
Tuesday: Come up with 3 review questions for class discussion!
Wednesday: Complete timeline worksheet
Chapter 4 Test! Test will be on Friday, Nov. 16. Study for test!
Friday: Chapter 4 test!
5th GRADE ONLY: Extra help will be on Fridays from 3-3:45
We are near an end of Unit 2, this means that we will have a test this week! We will be using this week as a chapter review. Depending on our schedule, the test will take place this Friday.
Monday: No homework
Tuesday: Come up with 3 review questions for Thursday.
Wednesday: Begin reviewing/studying for test on Friday
Thursday:Finish test review on page 94-95
Friday: Unit 2 Test!